Solid Waste Program Educators
CSWM has two experienced educators serving the Comox Valley Regional District and the Strathcona Regional District.
Waste Reduction Educator - Comox Valley Regional District
Gayle Bates has had the honour of being a part of the CSWM's waste reduction team, and the evolution of the ‘Power of R’ waste reduction education for several years.
Gayle brings a motivating enthusiasm to her waste reduction presentations to engage participants of all ages, including:
- guest speaker for groups and organizations
- classroom and home school presentations
- community workshops
- public events
As in integral part of Comox Strathcona's solid waste management plan all presentations and workshops are FREE of charge to the organization, group or school.
To book your presentation or workshop, please contact Gayle:
Waste Reduction Educator - Strathcona Regional District
Invite environmental educator Luisa Richardson into your classroom, organization or business for a dynamic and inspiring Power of “R” presentation or workshop.
Power of R’ sessions are:
- Suitable for audiences of all ages, from youth K – 12 to adult, indoors or outdoors
- Useful to businesses and organizations interested in waste reduction and disposal options
- Adapted to the BC Ministry of Education Big Ideas and cross-curricular competencies
- Relevant to local issues in the context of the big picture
Sessions can include:
- Place-based learning (local ecological, historical and social connections)
- Project-based learning (stewardship initiatives or support for sustainable school or community projects)
- Instructions on conducting waste audits
- Product life cycle analysis
- The link between consumption and waste
- An exchange of creative ideas for personal change